FRP are delighted to announce that The Naturesave Trust have chosen to donate funds to support The Spark Change Project at FRP. Through investing in the FRP Electrical Department The Naturesave Trust will help to create a place where donated electrical goods can be tested, repaired and recycled.
It is hoped that over the next year Spark Change will:
- Save over 1000 electrical items from landfill
- Give accredited training to ten volunteers with barriers to employment
- Teach volunteers about the circular economy and the importance of recycling.
In addition to the practicalities of PAT and function testing, Spark Change will teach the principles of environmental sustainability and offer an overview of the legal responsibilities to dispose of electrical goods, for example as currently under the WEE Directive. With the help of Naturesave Trust FRP hope to show volunteers the production journey of consumer goods: from factory to disposal.
- FRP was formed in 1996 and has now supplied over 250,000 items of furniture and electrical products to the community
· Over 5, 500 tonnes of goods have been saved from landfill and reused for the benefit of the community
· The organisation has now provided work experience and volunteering opportunities to hundreds of people across Gloucestershire
· The Naturesave Trust is funded by the activities of Naturesave Insurance, the UK’s leading ethical insurance provider for individuals, businesses, charities and community groups.